Kate Beckinsale in Santa Monica 02/11/09

Day One of doorstepping Kate Beckinsale: Doorstepping is waiting in a car on the street outside the residence, essentially politely stalking, a celebrity. And politeness is optional. I intend to be a decent human being and try not to step over the line ethically. However I'm already feeling like a creep waiting outside these people's homes. Legally we are not allowed to photograph people on their own private property. That seems like a fair rule to follow. It's kind of like a kids game. If the target leaves "home base" they become fair game, so the chase begins as soon as the celeb leaves. You simply follow, and photograph the celeb wherever they go.

Unfortunately, Kate was out of town on day one, so i waited all day for nothing.

Day Two doorstepping Kate B.: Waited for several hours then immediately lost Kate's vehicle in traffic! Damn!

Day Three doorstepping Kate: My first set of candid celeb photos turned out pretty bad, as I had the camera on the wrong settings. Kate looked great, but my photos were mostly blurry. I will do better next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Item9

HOLLYWOOD, 2009: Dangerous and deadly car chases. Drug-fueled starlets refusing to wear underpants. D-listers begging to be photographed. Beefy bouncers with headsets and no brains. Lap dances in the gutter. Has-beens stealing your kush.

Everyone had a story, and most of them were working on a script based on that story. The landscape had changed, and what had once been a glamorous and dreamy boulevard was now a dark and seedy underground of hanger-ons and fame junkies.

That's where I came in. I could say I did it for the money, but that would make me a liar just like the rest of them. The truth is I was drawn to it. Like an accident on the side of the road. I didn't want to look, but my camera guided me, daring me not to ignore my destiny.

Recent Comments on Item9

Item9 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Item9's Top Referrers

    Copyright © 2009 Item9.com | Contact