Randy Jackson, Stevie Wonder & YaYa @ Mr. Chow 03/09/09

I am not generally "very superstitious, " but last night I had a feeling luck was going to find me.

It was a slow night at Mr Chow, and I was feeling pretty burnt out. There is a strange, awkward-party-smoking-area feeling on the sidewalk outside Mr Chow. Being a non-smoker and not particularly a "party-person", I don't blend well into such situations. But sometimes it's interesting to watch.

Drunk, rich, NOT-famous people enjoy interacting with us paps, because it makes them feel glamorous or something, but they usually just end up making asses of themselves in front of our cameras. They often literally fall drunkenly out of their cars just like Jennifer Saunders' Edina in Absolutely Fabulous, and that's BEFORE DINNER! Last night I overheard some diners on a smoke-break, joking with the doorman that a passing panhandler was actually Danny Glover in disguise. How witty they felt, after all, he was BLACK! I never knew that rich people actually laugh at poor people, I thought they might feign a sense of humanity in a public place, but no.

While thinking of how easy it would be to steal the Lamborghini idling driverless in front of me, it occurred to me that valet parking was invented to park cars for and bring cars to people who are simply too drunk to do it themselves. I wonder who would be held responsible if these people get in drunk-driving wrecks after the doorman, the head valet, and the valet-runner all accept their tips while helping the drunk person into the drivers seat.

But the night took a turn for the better. American Idol judge Randy Jackson showed up, dropped of in a Bently, and he was very nice.

Things got interesting when a taxi pulled up and two blind men got out. They may have been a little drunk, but they did NOT fall in case you thought that's where this was going. They hung out on the sidewalk with us and told us their story. One of the men was Scott Duncan (at left), who is attempting to be the first blind sailor to circumnavigate the globe. He's halfway done, and looking for funding to complete the trip. The other man was his "friend" who kept joking that he would play Duncan in the film version, because he would surely perish in the attempt. I guess blind people have a dark sense of humor.

In the photo they are giving a lesson in blindness to YaYa, who is always there hanging with us paps outside Mr Chow after filming segments on Jimmy Kimmel Live. YaYa is such a nice and funny guy, but he always ruins all of the professional paps shots because he always gets a shot with the star, not just of the star, and that spoils the shot for everyone else!

At last someone showed up who made it worth our while to wait. STEVIE WONDER! He didn't have much to say, as he was at least pretending to be on the phone. But who cares? He's Stevie Wonder!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Item9

HOLLYWOOD, 2009: Dangerous and deadly car chases. Drug-fueled starlets refusing to wear underpants. D-listers begging to be photographed. Beefy bouncers with headsets and no brains. Lap dances in the gutter. Has-beens stealing your kush.

Everyone had a story, and most of them were working on a script based on that story. The landscape had changed, and what had once been a glamorous and dreamy boulevard was now a dark and seedy underground of hanger-ons and fame junkies.

That's where I came in. I could say I did it for the money, but that would make me a liar just like the rest of them. The truth is I was drawn to it. Like an accident on the side of the road. I didn't want to look, but my camera guided me, daring me not to ignore my destiny.

Recent Comments on Item9

Item9 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Item9's Top Referrers

    Copyright © 2009 Item9.com | Contact