ESPY Awards Part 1: Red Carpet Gallery



It was a great day to find myself on the Red Carpet covering the 2009 ESPY Awards at the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on Wednesday, especially since an hour earlier I had no idea I was going. Some of the worlds biggest athletes were in attendance, including Kobe Bryant, The Venus sisters, Mike Tyson, Michael Phelps, Evander Holyfield, Julius Erving, The Iron Sheik (still looking for that rematch vs Hulk Hogan!) and Jared, the Subway guy! But not all the stars at the ESPYs were sports heroes. Seth Meyers & Andy Samberg of "SNL", Rashida Jones ("The Office"), Jamie Pressley ("My Name Is Earl"), Zach Levi ("Chuck"), and did I mention that Jared was there? I was unable to score press credentials to this event, but an old friend came through for me at the last minute... Thanks again @Wyclef!! That story and more photos and video later... For now, enjoy the first gallery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Item9

HOLLYWOOD, 2009: Dangerous and deadly car chases. Drug-fueled starlets refusing to wear underpants. D-listers begging to be photographed. Beefy bouncers with headsets and no brains. Lap dances in the gutter. Has-beens stealing your kush.

Everyone had a story, and most of them were working on a script based on that story. The landscape had changed, and what had once been a glamorous and dreamy boulevard was now a dark and seedy underground of hanger-ons and fame junkies.

That's where I came in. I could say I did it for the money, but that would make me a liar just like the rest of them. The truth is I was drawn to it. Like an accident on the side of the road. I didn't want to look, but my camera guided me, daring me not to ignore my destiny.

Recent Comments on Item9

Item9 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Item9's Top Referrers

    Copyright © 2009 Item9.com | Contact