Ashley Tisdale ROCKS the Grove!!



I wasn't sure what to expect at the free Ashley Tisdale concert this afternoon at The Grove in Los Angeles, except the same awkward feeling that my Dad must have had taking me to ZZ Top in 1986. Out Of Place. Mission accomplished there, but anyway, I have had little exposure to Ashley Tisdale, so I didn't know what the music would be like. The opening band, The V Factory, set the bar nice and low, I can't believe we're back to boy bands already in the pop cycle! (It was particularly uncool of these dudes to ask the fans to please "tag" any photos of the band online.) So, when Ashley's band took the stage and picked up musical instruments, I was skeptical to say the least. I'm no expert, but it sounded to me like Ashley was really singing, and the band was really playing live, so that was more than I was expecting. I'm not going to give my opinion because the music was not intended for my demographic, but at least Ashley was setting herself apart as a performer by actually performing! And when you can flip your hair and point like Ashley can, who needs to dance and sing simultaneously anyway?

If you didn't make it down to the Grove to see the show today, watch my videos of the full show here. See Parts 1 & 2 of her 30 minute set now! MORE TO COME! But enjoy it now, because you never know when YouTube might pull it!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Item9

HOLLYWOOD, 2009: Dangerous and deadly car chases. Drug-fueled starlets refusing to wear underpants. D-listers begging to be photographed. Beefy bouncers with headsets and no brains. Lap dances in the gutter. Has-beens stealing your kush.

Everyone had a story, and most of them were working on a script based on that story. The landscape had changed, and what had once been a glamorous and dreamy boulevard was now a dark and seedy underground of hanger-ons and fame junkies.

That's where I came in. I could say I did it for the money, but that would make me a liar just like the rest of them. The truth is I was drawn to it. Like an accident on the side of the road. I didn't want to look, but my camera guided me, daring me not to ignore my destiny.

Recent Comments on Item9

Item9 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Item9's Top Referrers

    Copyright © 2009 Item9.com | Contact