BET Awards Photos #1: Wyclef, Beyoncé, Ciara, 2 Uhuras, Kanye, & Alicia Keys



It was absolutely sizzling on the red carpet for the BET Awards 2009 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles yesterday, and I'm not referring to the soaring temperature in the parking lot! The event was quickly restructured as a Michael Jackson tribute and everyone was there looking their best! Here is my first set of photos, including Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Ciara, BOTH Uhuras: Zoe Saldana from the new movie, and the original, Nichelle Nichols, Kanye West and his girlfriend, Amber Rose, & of course my new BFF Wyclef Jean! I got to meet Wyclef earlier for breakfast at ihop with a small group of fans, so when he saw me on the carpet he came right over to shake my hand! This really irritated the other photogs I'm sure. After the arrivals, the media was brought inside to watch the show from the (air conditioned!) press room, and they brought some of the winners by to get photos with the awards. Wyclef was being honored with a Humanitarian Award, and when he came to the press room after getting the award, Wyclef again singled me out in the crowd and made me feel pretty special, even telling his producer Jerry Wonder to video me shooting pictures! Clearly, I have entered Bizzarro world and the hunter has become the hunted! Thanks again Wyclef, for letting me share that moment with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Item9

HOLLYWOOD, 2009: Dangerous and deadly car chases. Drug-fueled starlets refusing to wear underpants. D-listers begging to be photographed. Beefy bouncers with headsets and no brains. Lap dances in the gutter. Has-beens stealing your kush.

Everyone had a story, and most of them were working on a script based on that story. The landscape had changed, and what had once been a glamorous and dreamy boulevard was now a dark and seedy underground of hanger-ons and fame junkies.

That's where I came in. I could say I did it for the money, but that would make me a liar just like the rest of them. The truth is I was drawn to it. Like an accident on the side of the road. I didn't want to look, but my camera guided me, daring me not to ignore my destiny.

Recent Comments on Item9

Item9 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Item9's Top Referrers

    Copyright © 2009 Item9.com | Contact